- In order to avoid being patchy, you should wait 2-4 weeks after you shave before you wax. Your hair should be about 1/4 inch or 6 mm – the ideal length for optimal smoothness.
- Wash before you wax: This will help open the pores and prevent you from getting ingrown hairs.
- Using gels and oils pre-wax may interfere with hair removal. It’s also wise to stay out of the sun for a few days before – if your skin is burnt, your wax will be more painful.
- Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable, but once you’re with us, our WAXITologists will need to be able to see every hair and follicle.
It’s a good idea to leave your new underwear at home in case we get any wax on them. We can provide you with disposable underwear.
- While we aim to give you a pain free wax, some clients prefer to pop an aspirin or use a numbing cream about 30 minutes before.
- Before coming to see us, take some time to check yourself out for abrasions, bruises, cold sores and cuts.
- We recommend that you avoid sun exposure for 48 hours before and after your wax.
- When you leave us, you’ll feel every breeze and brush of air. It’s a side effect of smooth, and it’s why you should bring a fresh set of underwear and loose fitting clothes for after your wax.
- Keep hands away from touching freshly waxed skin, as this can encourage irritation or small pimples.
- Don’t stress about any red bumps after your wax – your skin may be sensitive following your wax, but any red bumps or irritation will subside in a few hours.
- Steer clear of too much exposure to heat – including saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools, sun bathing and intense exercise for one to two days after a wax because you’ll be more likely to burn.
- Stay loose – don’t wear tight trousers or underwear for the next few days.
- Keep the freshly waxed area clean and free of products including lotions, gels, deodorant and perfumes until the next day.
- Save your smooth: Use after-wax lotions and exfoliate to keep the skin free from bumps and ingrown hairs. We carry a great line of products in our shop to ease any irritation.